blog
erin on You Tube erin on my space erin on facebook erin on twitter Merchandise Bio Clips Appearances contact Home press

Friday, February 05, 2010

Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Wait

We have to start somewhere, of course. The initial steps taken to repeal Don't Ask, Don't Tell is long overdue and certainly good news for the gays. We need at least one victory a year to keep the positive energy flowing. The issue that's troublesome is the vague timeline they have set up. There is going to be a "year long study" as well as a "year long transition". I can perhaps get my head around the word study, but transition? That made me laugh out loud. But not roll around the floor laughing. Just like a gasp laugh or what the hell are you talking about laugh or is this for real type of laugh. I suppose it's best not to tell everyone your gay immediately after the repeal, but to slowly, gingerly, cautiously come out in more of transitional type of way. I've composed a month to month, year long transition of what gay male soldiers can say to their straight brothers and sisters in arms.


January: I'm having a lot of restless nights.

February: I feel like Sgt Sean Reynolds is a really good dancer.

March: I would say I'm QUESTIONING, everything.

April: Did you see Lady Gaga and Elton John at the Grammy's? Electric!

May: I'm really uncomfortable in same sex platoons.

June: I'm bisexual.

July: The desert sky is beautiful at night.

August: I didn't enjoy The Hurt Locker, but I loved A Single Man.

September: Women are like land mines, I try to avoid them.

October: Sometimes, instead of charging towards enemy lines, I want to skip towards them.

November: Ah, the holidays are approaching! I psyched to decorate our bunk.

December: I'm gay!

No comments: